The resources available to start-ups in Geneva easily rival those of much larger communities. The City and its partners guide you through the development process, and support you with funding opportunities and technical advice that is critical to getting your business moving.
Owner Microclimate Wine Bar
Entrepreneurial spirit is in Geneva’s DNA. The City and our economic development partners have made support of start-ups a central focus of our economic development strategy. Geneva and our partners can support you through your business planning process, with an expansive network of business expertise and advice.
In addition to our internal resources, the City has a range of partners who can guide you along the path to success. Through our partnership with the Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce, City start-ups are eligible for technical guidance through SCORE, a team of retired executives who can provide their expertise and advice as your plan develops.
Start-ups in Geneva can also access the benefits of the U.S. Small Business Administration. The agency’s local staff can provide a range of support services to startups, including business plan development and sourcing of start-up funding.
Financing Your Plan
Once your plan is in good shape, the City can facilitate the financing you need to get your doors open. Whether it's making a connection with a local lender, facilitating a loan with one of our partners, or supporting you through our own Revolving Loan Fund program, we can help you put together a financing package.
The Local Development Corporation manages investments in start-ups through our Revolving Loan Fund that are used for:
- Equipment acquisition
- Facility rent
- Working capital
Other sources of capital that can be paired with city mandated funds to round out your financial package include:
- Local Non-Profit PathStone
- Ontario County's Economic Development Corporation, who offer revolving loans
- Small Business Administration
With a plan and finances the last decision is location!
Single-person service firms should be interested in Port 100, a co-working space with dedicated desk space, and shared administrative services for entrepreneurs. This space is a partnership between the City of Geneva, our IDA and LDC, Ontario County Economic Development, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Contact Adam Blowers via email to schedule a tour to learn more about Port 100.
Downtown Geneva is brimming with businesses pursuing the all American dream in this all American city.
Contact Geneva BID via email for business inquiries regarding spaces downtown.
Production incubator spaces are available for those interested in high scale production:
- Geneva Industrial Park - A 150-acre publicly owned site, with available parcels ranging from 5 to 25 acres, fully served with electric, natural gas, fiber optics, water, and wastewater.
- Cornell Agriculture and Food Technology Park - A Food and Agriculture incubator offering low-cost office, laboratory, and production space.
- Contact Gordon Maynard via email for a tour of the facility.
- Geneva Enterprise Development Center - Home to production, financial services, food and beverage, and information technology firms.
- Contact Geneva Enterprise Development Center via email to learn more about offers ready for you!